Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. (IOC), the country's second-largest petroleum (pet) coke producer, has revised prices from its various refineries with effect from 10 Jun'21.
The price revisions range from INR (-)510/t to 190/t.
- IOC's revised price at Koyali refinery for road supplies are at INR 11,620/tonne (t) over its last month's price of INR 11,430/t, an increase of INR 190/t.
- Price for rake loading has also been increased by INR 190/t to INR 11,420/t from INR 11,230/t in the last month.
- Pet coke price at Panipat refinery for general states has been rolled over at INR 11,540/t, same as last month's price.
- Pet coke price for Punjab, Haryana, Jammu and Kashmir and Chandigarh has also been rolled over at INR 11,540/t.
- Price at Paradip refinery for road supplies has been revised to INR 9,920/t over its last month's price of INR 10,430/t, a decrease of INR 510/t.
- Price for rake supply has been revised to INR 9,720/t from INR 10,230/t, a decrease of INR 510/t over last month's price.
- Price ex-Haldia refinery for road supplies has been revised to INR 10,090/t over its last month's price of INR 10,600/t, a decrease of INR 510/t.
- Price applicable for rake supplies has been also decreased by INR 510/t to INR 9,890/t from INR 10,400/t in the last month.
Prices at IOC's Koyali refinery has been increased by INR 190/t, which is higher than the price increases by Reliance Industries (RIL) and Nayara Energy, by INR 132/t and INR 137/t respectively.
However, there has been no change of price at IOC's Panipat refinery, and it has been rolled over. This is mainly due to stable marketing dynamics in northern India.
Surprisingly, there has been substantial reductions in pet coke prices by INR 510/t in IOC's eastern refineries, viz. Paradip and Haldia.
Prices for rake supplies continue to be lower than road supplies at Koyali, Paradip and Haldia refineries by INR 200/t.
It may be noted that the prices of pet coke have firmed up in last two months in the international market. Accordingly, market participants were expecting some increase, by at least INR 100-200/t, in the current month's domestic pricing for pet coke.